Saturday 27 August 2011

DLO: Glossy Feature-Daily Staple

I've seen glossy features from different fashion bloggers around the world.
Bear with me as I  flow with the trend.






My first feature would be Michelle of Glisters and Blisters.
Michelle is a young blogger from Jakarta, Indonesia. Yay! we have the same birth month of June. Her inspiration for daily outfit is to pick around one item and revolve around it and wear them as how she feels like wearing them. Her style would best described as Eclectic and mood-based.

I find her style very chic and has that youthful vibe, and indeed she's still young. She has come a long way as a blogger where she has been featured in teen vogue- well, that's how I got to follow her.

So here's Michelle's daily staple.

via


Michelle: 
I first wash my face with Cetaphil (this cleanser does wonders FYI). I cleanse and takeoff my makeup with this. Next, I apply SKII facial treatment lotion with a cotton pad and finish with either SKII UV Protection for day or Neutrogena Visibly Clear oil-free moisturizer for night. When I'm going out of the house, I put on Maybelline's BB Cream (in Fresh). It evens out skintone and for those who don't like sunscreen, this also packs a nice SPF 26.



Every 3-4 days, I scrub my face with St. Ives's Apricot Scrub and I also use SKII's facial treatment essence in place of my moisturizer. The essence wondrously brightens my skin. When the day is done, I use Chanel's eye makeup remover to get rid of my eyeliner. 




When in comes to makeup, I like to keep it natural. My makeup procedure takes about 3mins (5mins if I feel like wearing mascara) every morning. I start by concealing my under eye circles with Bobbi Brown's concealer kit. I have it in 2 shades (beige and warm ivory) so I can mix it accordingly. I use Sephora's Concealer brush to even out the product around my eyes, then tap to blend them with my fingers. Invest in a good concealer brush as it makes your concealer go on 10x nicer and smoother on your face. After it the concealer has blended, I set it with ID Bare Minerals mineral veil. This helps the concealer to stay in place for the whole day. 

Next, I line the top rim of my eyes with Maybelline's Unstoppable eyeliner (in brownie). I usually use Clinique's quickliner but I ran out the other day and this was the easiest to get. it's actually not bad at all (and it's only $6 or something?) I then smudge the eyeliner with the silver Dior brush. Last but definitely not the least, EYEBROWS ! I used to ignore my brows and they were unkempt. Now I regularly go for grooming sessions and I use Kate's eyebrow kit to make them nice and thick. If I feel like wearing mascara, I curl my lashes first then apply Chanel's Inimitable mascara in black.



Michelle still believes that good and healthy skin is the best foundation for any look.
And she also has a tip for us to remember - buy concealer/foundation in the CORRECT shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment