Wednesday 21 September 2011

DLO Glossy Feature: Emily Schuman



She's the woman behind the famous Cupcakes and Cashmere.
She's your California girl that has the sunny style blog and a closet you want to raid and trade with.
She seems to like to make her own food, a version of her favorite recipe and shares with her readers. She has a vibrant love for food, photography, interior design, fashion and almost anything about the sun and living the life in general.
A soon-to-be Bride. And hear this! a Book Author.



Emily:
I have no tattoos.  My style icon is Natalie Portman.   In my shower: peppermint bar soap, a pink razor, John Freida color glaze, Sunsilk shampoo and conditioner, St. Ives apricot scrub.  Favorite song: Brown Eyed Girl.  When at Starbucks, I order a double shot of espresso over ice.  I don’t know how to iron or sew.  I stay away from purchasing designer labels at flea markets since you never really know if they’re real.
My favorite designers are Marni, Elizabeth & James and Opening Ceremony.
I try to work out at least four times a week and alternate between running for 30 minutes (my absolute limit before getting bored) and lifting weights. 

I consider myself a homebody and am happiest when I’m curled up on my couch with my boyfriend watching a movie with lots of chocolate nearby.  I’m also a big fan of listening to live music and love discovering intimate venues where I can just grab a drink and relax.

I love the idea of sharing things that I enjoy with other people, whether it be a great cupcake shop or a new belt that I bought at a flea market.



I wash my face only at night and use a ridiculous amount of lotion since my skin tends to be really dry.  I exfoliate a few times a week in the shower and try to use minimal amounts of make-up so that my skin can still breathe.  I tweeze my own eyebrows only because I don’t trust anyone with hot wax near my eyes.

I like
Tinted Moisturizer: Laura Mercier (Sand)

Maybelline Define-A-Lash in very black


 Tarte Flush Blush

Sexy Hair Smooth & Seal spray Hair Straightener
and Essie's Wicked Nail polish (as seen in her photo above)

No comments:

Post a Comment