Sunday 25 September 2011

DLO Glossy Feature - Daily Regimen: Danya





Danya, born and raised in Saida, a city near the capital. The 23 year old, just like Shakira (notice their resemblance) is a Lebanese beauty and is one of the most sought-after young Marketing Team Performer for a big skincare brand in the region. Married at 22 ,and yes you read that right ☺ joined the brand fresh and straight after graduating from the University.

One may be be intimidated by her hefty portfolio, but this young lady sure knows how to balance and enjoy life amidst her busy sched, and her best trait would be her smile and her contagious excitement on life, that, you can surely notice. 

********

Danya:
These 2 events have definitely had an impact on everything, including my style, my skin care regimen and everything else.
Being part of a skin care brand, I fortunately learned about ways to take care of my skin well. However, the busy lifestyle here does not help so I stick to the basics – cleansing, applying a sunscreen when needed & moisturizing and have rose water sprayed every now and then during the day, just gives me the natural glow and refreshment I need.





My skin was great back in Lebanon, but here, the weather, the air conditioning and the stress are just too hard for the skin to overcome! Had small white heads which just irritated me! Now am introduced to some products which are giving me great results. The brand is Institute Esthederm, am using their lotion, serum and cream to get rid of the annoying white heads.


Due to lack of sleep when I was in university and high school, my eyes had black circles around them, I used Olay eye pads, which give your eye contour the brightness it lacks!


And away from problem solution products, I go on a monthly basis to Kaya Skin Clinics, for their Aqua Radiance. It suited my sensitive dry skin perfectly, did the cleansing it needs, without leaving any marks, hydrates my skin, and injects the vitamins which my skin tends to lose quite often!
I also take Omega 3 pills, which are just great for the bones, nails, hair & skin! Recommend these highly.


Makeup, and perfumes, and a comfy stylish outfit, are definitely a must in my everyday life.
I am so obsessed with makeup since I was little – not that I am too good at it ☺ Took me quite a while to finally get to the products I absolutely love!
The most essential item is the concealer!
I’ve recently been using the Revlon Photoready Concealer in 002. A small slide and it covers the annoying dark circles just right. After applying this, I use an eyebrow pencil, tried several brands and I got hooked on the Rimmel one. I happen to personally mess around with my eyebrows, with the excuse of “I do not trust anyone to touch them” and I ended up with a pathetic pair of eyebrows, used some castor oil to grow them back (ewww) and now I just use the eyebrow pencil to make them look more prominent, they really do contour the face! Then, as an eyeliner, I consider it a personal victory  discovering the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyelines in Black! A trick I learned to make the eyes look bigger is putting a white pencil inside your lower lid, try it! Then of course the mascara, I just love Volume Glamour Max from Bourjois! Brush my cheeks with Make up Forever’s “velvet finish” compact powder, and then a little of L’Oreal’s new infallible lipstick in Matte light pink. You’re probably now wondering about the foundation I use, and just to clarify, am totally not a fan of foundations. Unless I need to cover something up real bad.

I tried so many brands for foundation, but they all were either too thick or too dry! I finally tried the foundation from makeup forever and loved it, which I think is a great brand to use! This is just the one that works for me.


On style, my style is pretty much simple. A basic top, with a pants/skirt that suit, comfy shoes, and accessories that complement and add style to what am wearing.
And one thing am crazy about is dresses!! I believe that no matter how simple what you are wearing is, it’s the accessories, the shoes, and the bag that make it sophisticated!
Another important thing is knowing the colours that suit my complexion.
I love black, white, blue, beige, some shades of brown, yellow, pinky orange, light green and many more.



Here’s something I was wearing last night for a casual dinner.
Shirt: H&M
Jeans: Pull & Bear
Scarf: Guess
Shoes: got these from Lebanon
Accessories: Promod

Some beauty tips I believe in:
Keep it simple, the more colours you add to your face does not mean the better you will look.
Know what kind of body you have and don’t force yourself to wearing something that does not suit you.

I just love Rose water.
Get your share of beauty sleep

AND when you admire the way you look, no one can help but admire it back! In other words, it’s confidence that counts!☺

No comments:

Post a Comment